Complete your Christmas shopping with eco-friendly piece of mind
The holiday season is a crazy time of the year. There is so much to do, so much to take care of. It is easy to forget about being conscious of waste and Mother Nature. But like always, we are here to help. So, here are our top 5 eco-friendly Christmas tips to beat the holiday stress this year and still shop consciously. Because,… every small step counts.
- Reduce carbon footprint by combining purchases. For example: verify if there is a free shipping threshold and make use of the free shipping option by combining gifts for several people. Not only will you save money, but less trucking is required to get the gifts delivered.
- Wrapping paper with glitters and metallic finishing cannot be recycled. Glossy paper is ok to recycle. Consider using those papers that you can recycle.
- Save money: instead of expensive wrapping paper, consider using brown kraft paper. It looks great and lends itself really well for decoration!
- Pro tip: add a touch of nature by adding pine cones or pieces of real greenery, like fir or spruce branches as decoration to your kraft paper.
- Consider reusing gift tags, ribbons and bows from last year, and keep the ones you like for next year. Not only do you save money, but it creates much less waste.
In need of some gifting inspiration?
Visit our gift guide to get some great ideas on what to give and to whom.